Friday 16 September 2016

My Fast Lady

























I long yet for another tryst
Not wanting to give up and ready for every twist
Hoping this time round we shall be lost together
Basking, snuggled, spread under the beauty of the sky
Wide open blue or pitch dark with starred holes.

I know this may not be the right time
Maybe we should allow first some things to rhyme
But has there ever been a right place and time for anything?
Trying both to be myself and not losing you
I long yet for another tryst.

I always want to be in charge
Then enclosed in frisson wary of moving in surge
Opting instead to approaching gingerly
But in your eyes you want me to be reckless
I know this may not be the right time.

I strongly hold deep down, this feeling is mutual
Though with silence all may be neutral
The moment seem auspicious to break the ice
Because I don’t believe we met just to leave in silence
I always want to be in charge.

I know others have tried but haven’t last long
And you are hoping I sing just one line of the song
As we both understand the absurdity of our love
That cannot be reified in only a few lines and quotes
I strongly hold deep down, this feeling is mutual.

I can’t help waiting sharing that spark
With deep and long intercourses of intellect we’ll spike
Molten repartees and affinity that will never abridge
A rarity that doesn’t usually accompany your beauty
I know others have tried but haven’t last long.

With the speed of a bullet my lady shifted
Whilst all I believed for me she was sifted
What bounteous wisdom that springs freely and promptly of her
Which deprives the perfect replies that only come when she's gone
I can’t help waiting sharing that spark.

As the chemistry builds our time is short
It moves so fast I feel like I’m shot
My heart growing weary, an augury that we wouldn’t catch up
Silencing my love with purity of sadness
With the speed of a bullet my lady shifted. 

©Olegamba 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment